Monday, October 28, 2013

Narciso Espiritu - My Favorite Horror Story


"CANDYMAN"

I remember, growing up, I wasn't particularly scared by horror movies. Jason and Freddy didn't get to me. Nor did murderous clowns or slimy leprechauns. For a long time, I just didn't get them. Or I hadn't seen one that was well done and had more than one layer. Maybe I have to rewatch some classic horror films.

I watched Candyman in 2006, and I had to take it back. There could be a horror movie that was more than cheap thrills and gratuitous nudity. Candyman was the first movie that really haunted me.

(Runner-up: Funny Games)

1 comment:

  1. I remember watching this in middle school with my girlfrends and being terrified. The bees...gah. Bees spooked me out for a long while after this one. Great image- love the color!

    ReplyDelete